“Athena” Rooms to Let are located in the enchanting area of Agios Nikolaos (Saint Nickolas) in Kontakeika, Karlovasi.
It is a small family business. All rooms come with balconies overlooking the North Aegean Sea and the opposite Asia Minor coastline (present day Turkey). “Athena” rooms are located just 70 meters from the nearby beach, next to a beautiful pine-tree forest and small traditional groves, i.e. young and older people can enjoy an idyllic landscape.
“Athena” rooms are available all year round, thus you can enjoy the beauties of every season: The beautiful sunsets, the blooming gardens, the olive trees and the vineyards. Our rooms are comfortable and specious, while offer a warm family environment for unforgettable vacations!
- We are located in Agios Nikolaos, 6 km east of Karlovasi and 7 km from the main port of Karlovasi.
- Around Agios Nikolaos are located beautiful and picturesque small villages worth visiting, while 8 km away, in Potami area, you can see the beautiful waterfalls.
- For your transportation you can use local busses or Taxis, or you can rent a car, motorbike or bicycle.
- The facilities of “Athena” rooms are made up of 5 rooms in total: 1 four-bed, 1 three-bed and 3 double-bed rooms.
- All rooms are made to offer the peace of mind you’re looking for. All have been recently refurbished, clean and spacious. The owners of the business are always willing to offer you the best and make your stay a beautiful one.
- All rooms include: ⦿ Air Conditioning ⦿ Internet ⦿ Telephone ⦿ Refrigerator ⦿ Kitchen. Balconies are also available with a magnificent view towards the nearby forest and the Aegean Sea. A small playground is also available.
- We operate from May to October (our rooms are equipped for winter. Contact us by phone).
We offer traditional and locally produced products that you can collect yourself from the garden and the chicken coop, if you like. “Athena” rooms are surrounded by a garden, made up of olive trees, fruit trees, vegetables, and a chicken coop.
Some 70 meters away a beautiful beach is waiting for you to swim in its blue waters and gaze the nearby forest. A rock inside the sea gives you the opportunity to swim around, climb and dive.
Those who love farm life and farm activities can help us take care of the garden and harvest the fruit, alongside the owners.
In our garden you can find krimatos, a well-known aromatic herb containing many nutrients such as iodine, minerals and vitamins E, C, and K. It also contains antioxidants and Omega 3 fatty acids. Together with Mrs. Athena, the manager, can make pickle made of kritamos. You can also participate in the preparation of some traditional dishes. Kritamos is usually harvested in May and June.
Winter: Olives, cabbages, broccoli, beets, lettuce, and potatoes.
Spring: Kritamos and various greens.
Summer: Apricots, figs, grapes, pears, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, zucchinis, eggplants